Ontdekken: De verdicchio wijn

It was the monks, the Benedictine and the Camaldolese, fro the eighth to eleventh centuries, to reintroduce a rational and significant cultivation of the vine in the area. This cultivation grew from decade to decade in the the areas vacated by the clearing of the forests and woods: in the sixteenth century there were vineyards cultivated intensively, screws married with maple, a technique used until not long ago. Then, in the eighteenth century, there was a rich winemaking production with export of the product in other regions.
The specific cultivation of the grape "VERDICCHIO" intensified in the second half of the nineteenth century, finding optimal conditions in geomorphology and microclimate (sun exposure, ventilation and temperature) in the hillsides of the area. In the early years of the twentieth century it begun the "industrial" processes, with the bottling of wine and sparkling wine. Many companies in the past decades let the wine Verdicchio be known and appreciated in the world and now a lot of small, medium and large company are continuing, with a widely recognized quality, this centuries-old tradition of production.
For over half a century (since 1939) is recognized as Cupramontana "CAPITAL OF VERDICCHIO", as the center and the area where grape and wine production and distribution have found the most significant initiatives supported by important cultural and promotional (proposed wine school, 1883; Itinerant Chair of Viticulture and Enology, 1893; Market Must, 1912; Grape Festival, since 1928; International Label Museum, 1987; Vinimmagine - National Award Gold Label, 1992; Press Graphic Label Artist , since 1995). The law recognizing D.O.C. for the "Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi" in 1968 has identified in the territory of the neighboring municipalities and Cupramontana "historic area" production with the ability to characterize as a "classic" VERDICCHIO its wine.